Press and Media
Mike Smith is one of the thought leaders in commercial meteorology. Most of his papers and articles appear at weatherdata.com. We will link to those papers and other items right here. Please check back from time to time.
Video Clips (available via our YouTube Channel):
- Shockwave from The History Channel
Mike Smith on tornado safety and automobiles. Courtesy: CheriSundae Productions and The History Channel.
- Tornado Rampage from The Discovery Channel
Excerpts of Mike Smith’s interview regarding the violent tornadoes of 2008 across the United States. Courtesy: CheriSundae Productions and The Discovery Channel.
- Mike Smith — The Weather Man
- Guest Weblog On Albedo from Mike Smith
- Downbursts and the Dallas Cowboys training facility collapse
- Common Sense and The Perils of Predictions
- Midwest Floods and Unjustified Climate Change Fear Mongering
- The Future of the “Public-Private Partnership” Toward a More Synergistic Relationship in the 21st Century
- Meteorologist Presents “Tornadoes 101″ to EF5 Survivors
- Predicting Earthquake Rebuttal
- Eyes of the Storm, Pt 1
- Eyes of the Storm, Pt 2
- Storm Safety for Storm Spotters
- WeatherData’s Vehicle-centric Technology